What is the appropriate selling price for my property?
Do you find it difficult to fix the sale price of your home?
Don´t worry, these 10 tips will definitely help you!
Setting the selling price of a property is not an easy task. Too high? Too low? Finding the middle ground is a big adventure. Just imagine you're a detective trying to solve a case. Here are the clues:
- Before you begin, ask. You don´t have to know the way to set the price and there´s no problem with asking. On the contrary, a professional with expertise will guide you in the best direction. Who better than a real estate agent to know the market, the conditions and the prices that fit your home. In Nova they will be delighted to lend you a hand!
- Collect information from acquaintances. Everyone has a friend, an acquaintance or a neighbour that has sold their house. They have been in your situation and will have no problem in giving you some tips. To know the steps they´ve followed is a good push in the right direction!
- Analyse the market. The market in this case is your best indicator and for that reason you should devote time and attention to it. Analyse trends, the prices of similar homes, sales in your area½ Once again, consult with your real estate agent. With his help this task will be much easier!
- Surf the internet. You´ll be surprised! On the internet you can find very useful information. Statistics, trends and even online pricing tools. Of course, use it as a guide and contrast the information. Not everything on the internet is true.
- Be objective. I understand it's you house, in which you have lived and in which you keep a million memories of an unconditional value. You have to learn to differentiate when setting a price. Buyers don´t have those feelings and will be more focused on location, square meters, quality... Make sure you're on the same line.
- Financing capacity. For a buyer the ability to finance can tilt the balance towards a yes or a no. Being up to date and knowing a little about the dependency of your future buyer can position you ahead.
- Location. The location of a home is fundamental to fix its price. Analyse the area and its possibilities and set the price according to them. Public transport, recreational areas, schools, hospitals, supermarkets are some of the things you should look out for.
- Check the state of the house. Evaluate objectively the state of your home, both the facade and the interior. Its conservation can cause a drastic change to the price.
- Latest reforms. Every reform that has been carried out in the last five years will revalue the price of your property. It´s important that you make sure this information reaches the buyer. If they know the changes they will understand the price.
- Don´t forget the community of neighbours, both its services and its expenses. If your house is part of a community of neighbours you can´t leave it aside. The services it offers are a value added. Pool, gym, common areas ... how can you forget it! On the contrary, you should also take a look at the expenses. These will also influence the price.
With these 10 clues I'm sure you´ll solve the case in the blink of an eye!!!